Friday 19 April 2013

♡Love Yourself♡

So, as I'm sure many of you have already seen through tumblr or through news headlines Dove have released a new video where an FBI-trained forensic artist, Gil Zamora, created sketches of seven women who were hidden behind a curtain. He used their self-descriptions as the basis of his drawings. Prior to the session with Zamora, each of the women were also asked to spend some time with a stranger – without being told why. Zamora then also drafted sketches from the stranger’s depictions of the women.
As I watched this I tried to imagine myself explaining how I would look to someone and I knew instantly that it would probably be not very flattering. I am sure that many women, heck, many people in the world can agree.


The reality is that most of us can’t see our own beauty like the people around us can and we’re constantly underestimating not only our looks but our abilities. In fact, only 4% of women around the world consider themselves beautiful.

To me that is absolutely shocking.
Personally I have struggled with my own appearance in the past which didn't result in the best outcomes but that has led to my appreciation and love for the human body. Although not every day I am in love with what I see I try to concentrate on my dreams, hopes, things I have achieved and things that I want to accomplish.
No matter what you think, you are beautiful.
Just think of the amazing things that you can do!

This video will change the way that you think and feel about your own beauty so please take a look if you haven't already:
I found this video so upsetting, to me every woman in the world is gorgeous, no matter their appearance and the women in this video were beautiful.
Yes, it is ok to care about how you look but life is too short to worry about it when there is so much in the world to experience.

I know that self love is a lot more complicated than that, I know that me telling you this won't necessarily change what you think but it's something important that I feel needs to be said and is something that people need to hear more often.

I also have a couple of tips that will hopefully help you in loving yourself just that bit more, as  cheesy as they may seem:

1. Fall in love with yourself. Think about what makes you, you. Just like a flower that needs watering to grow, learn to nurture yourself in every way. Love yourself for all the good that you see and accept your flaws and the fact that you are imperfect. 

2. Eliminate Self Criticism. If you find that you often judge yourself, make an effort to stop the self criticism.

3. Be Kind And Positive. When you start to think kindly and positively about yourself, the love you have for yourself just grows.

4. Acknowledge Your Effort. It is not always about winning or coming up tops in everything that you do. Many times, it is the effort that counts! Acknowledge that you have done your best.

5. Let Go Of Worry. Loving yourself requires you to let go of your worry. It is a horrible way to live a life filled with constant worrying. I can attest to that! Worry does not help in any way. Instead of worrying, spend time thinking about what you can do to help in the situation. 

I've also had a couple of people ask me about high school in relation to their self esteem and I have this to say; since leaving high school my self respect and my appreciation of myself has doubled. I fully became myself as I stopped worrying about what judgmental people thought around me. If I could say anything to my high school self it would be do what makes you happy and don't care what others think about you.

I know that to some of you this post may not seem like much but I hope that it has helped, even in the slightest.
xx

1 comment:

  1. Awesome page!

    http://the-hyooman.blogspot.com/

    ---Yoshi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and leave a comment! I read all comments and when I do it leaves a smile on my face ♡ If you've asked a question I will definitely answer it so check back to read my response :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...