Monday 27 May 2013

♡Sickness♡

I'm sorry guys for being MIA for a while! I'm not sure how many people actually read this but I have been completely snowed under with uni work, work and trying to catch up with those important people in my life.
Through being so busy though my health was not as good as it could have been which really affected my day to day plans and assignments that I had due so I though that this post would be about looking after yourself and not running yourself to the ground! After all, this is you we are talking about, you deserve to be healthy and looked after.


  1. Something that is extremely important, especially regarding health is SLEEP! I definitely never get enough and I think that is one of the main reasons why I get sick - sometimes I will go out at night, get home late and then have an 8 hour shift the next day on 5 hours sleep which is absolutely ridiculous! I don't recommend it at all and has resulted in me getting really ill, so I am trying to improve this.
  2. Another point which is a fairly obvious one is to eat healthy. Proper nutrition will make your body stronger and help keep your immune system in good shape and make sure you drink enough water. At the end of the day I think people should just eat what they want when they want to but just make sure you're looking after yourself and your health as you do so.
  3. Don't abuse alcohol. Having a night out is great, even a couple of nights out are good too (which I am definitely guilty of) but at the same time make sure you listen to your body and save the extremely wild nights out to ever so often.

Now obviously there are times you cannot help but get sick so I have compiled a list here of the best things to do to look after yourself when your body is trying to repair itself :-)
  1. Again, drink lots of fluids. You need to stay hydrated in order for your body to fight off sickness and infections. Even if your stomach is upset, drink small amounts of fluids all day long.
  2. Stay in bed and keep calm and quiet. Use the strength your body has to fight the illness, rather than waste it trying to do laundry or go to work when you're sick.
  3. Treat your symptoms. I've found that boiling water and then putting in lemon, garlic and a sweetener such as honey or maple syrup really helps, especially if you have a sore throat. Use pain relievers to relax sore, aching muscles and use over the counter cold remedies to treat coughs or sinus issues if homemade remedies aren't helping.
  4. Take a shower under hot or warm water to help promote drainage and ease the stiffness and soreness that often accompanies illness. If you're too sick to stand in the shower then a bath works well too.
  5. Make sure you feed your body as it needs fuel to be able to recuperate. If you're finding it difficult to eat then try eat small meals across the day. Toast and soup can really help, especially if the thought of food is making you sick.
  6. Also remember to take frequent naps. Sleep is the best way for your body to heal. Turn off the television and turn off the telephone. You'll feel better after a nap.
I hope this helps those of you that can feel something coming on or are sick at the moment!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and leave a comment! I read all comments and when I do it leaves a smile on my face ♡ If you've asked a question I will definitely answer it so check back to read my response :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...