Thursday 30 January 2014

♡Vegan Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies♡


For a long time I've been trying to hunt down the perfect vegan cookie recipe but have failed time after time, instead finding recipes that don't taste like the non vegan versions that I used to eat.

Now, I am super happy to announce that I have found and adjusted the most delicious cookie recipe ever!! this is now my go to cookie recipe. It's chewy and gooey and mmmmmm.
Being the only Vegan in a household means that sometimes my family can be hard to please and convince when it comes to Vegan alternatives but they couldn't tell the difference at all! They certainly didn't last long in my house, I'm lucky I managed to get some pictures!
I put chocolate spread in the middle because I didn't have any chocolate at hand but you can do either or, of course!

I tend to make massive cookies so this made 14 huge ones, or you could make smaller cookies that would then make 28.

You'll need:

  • 2 cups plain flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
  • 1/4 cup unsweetend coconut milk
  • 1/4 pure maple syrup
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter
  • Your favourite chocolate spread or chocolate

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a medium sized bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and once it's all combined, set it aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat together the sugar, coconut oil, coconut milk, maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla. Beat until smooth. This mixture should look quite caramel in colour.
4. Add the flour mixture and mix until all combined. Drop heaped spoonfuls of cookie dough onto the prepared trays and make a small indent in the middle. Fill this with the chocolate spread or chocolate and cover with some more cookie dough.
5. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until just golden brown. Don't worry if they still look a bit delicate as once you place the cookies on a cooling rack and let them cool completely they should harden a bit more.
Obviously you can choose to omit the peanut butter and could include choc chips or any kind of nuts. Feel free to experiment and I hope you enjoy!!
xx

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and leave a comment! I read all comments and when I do it leaves a smile on my face ♡ If you've asked a question I will definitely answer it so check back to read my response :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...